If you are interested as an application developer in connecting to Floriday you can apply for registration and fill in the client application form. For registration see Register client application.
Our implementation specialist will contact you for an appointment.
In an initial meeting our Floriday expert will inform you about the possibilities of the Floriday API and assesses your needs. After the assessment you can determine if you want to continue registration and implementation.
After successful registration of your client application and a positive intake, your client application is granted access to the Floriday API staging(test) environment and you receive client credentials and credentials for access to our supplier application for scenario testing purposes.
In follow-up meetings you will determine the implementation scope, sequence and planning with our implementation consultants and your launching customer.
Scope: What will the users do in the client application and which connections with the Floriday modules are required.
Sequence: In what sequence will the required Floriday modules be connected.
Planning: What is the expected implementation timetable.
Once the launching customer, implementation scope, sequence and planning are determined, the development phase can start and your application will be published online with the to be supported modules.
The Floriday staging environment is available for development & testing of API-connections with (external) applications. The developers of the (external) application can use the credentials received from Floriday support during the registration proces to:
- Access the Supplier and or Customer API, see Authentication and API-key
- Access the Supplier and or Customer application with your launching customer account in Floriday for scenario testing purposes https://app.staging.floriday.io/login
For technical implementation support for developers we use Slack channels where you can contact our tech-support:
- Technical implementation support Supplier API: #supplier-erp-api-support
- Technical implementation support Customer API: #customer-erp-api-support
Technical implementation support
We have some general rules for the technical implementation support:
- We use a single channel for all developers so you can learn from each other or indicate that you have the same issue. Use this channel, as you and others will learn as well.
- We kindly ask you to refer to our documentation and our channel history first if you have a question regarding the Supplier ERP-API. With over 80 active developers in this channel, we prefer to focus on new questions.
- We welcome developers to post their issues, questions and suggestion regarding the development.
- For questions or remarks regarding functional implementation scope & planning please refer to your Implementation consultant.
Floriday Staging & Live environment
Floriday has two different environments: Staging (test) and Live (production). These two environments are completely separate and have different URLs and require different credentials.
Staging environment is also used by Floriday development for testing.
Once the application development tests have been successfully completed, you can contact your implementation consultant for an acceptance test. After a successful test, access will be granted to the live environment for a final Live test. The test criteria are supplied in the implementation guide of the Floriday API-documentation per module. Depending on the implementation your implementation consultant determines if additional, different or less test requirements are applicable. Without a Floriday acceptance test, Floriday will not (be able to) provide live support of the implementation and depending on the situation we can decide to revoke access to the API.
Following the successful final staging test. The final live test will take place after consulting the implementation consultant with the launching customer of the application.
Once the Live test is successfully completed, the application is given access to all its users in the Live environment for the connected modules.
- Technical live support Supplier API: #supplier-erp-api-live-issues
- Technical live support Customer API: #customer-erp-api-live-issues
Live per module
If possible we recommend to go live per module for early feedback from your launching customers.
Floriday will deploy new releases based on its release process.
Updated 3 months ago